Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Like GlaDOS, I'm still alive

I've been out of the blogosphere for a while, as shitty aspects of the world have been hurtin' my girtin'. But watching Obama make his acceptance speech, I was suddenly myself inspired to contribute to the common good. I also realized that despite what I've said elsewhere, I actually genuinely like this guy. I've never been able to say that about a President and really mean it. Did anyone else expect Obama to start quoting Ezekiel 25:17? That speech was only infinitely better than anything that Bush has ever said. Just a slight step up from our last President. It actually seems unbelievable that Bush was never impeched - just based on his general incompetence.

Fable II is clean. I hear Fallout 3 is even cleaner, but it will be some time before I tackle that badboy. I've watched all the "Making of..." stuff and it is pure joy. I love the fact that you can sneak up on people and put live grenades in their pockets. Mmm, mmm, good.

Politics is such a strange concept. You are supposed to lable all ideas as binary. That seems pretty fucked up to me.

3 comments:

Huge Larry said...

Yeah. That speech was solid--definitely a "Clean Eddie".

Nuggets of charisma, confidence and eloquence were squeezed out in a consistently sanitary manner, requiring no wiping.

cyrusfx said...

All I know is, we need to have a GTA session, that has me in it. If you ever see me playing Call of Duty, its not me, but if its GTA then its most likely me.

MatthewQ said...

Your post indicates a disturbing lack of cynicism. I, for one, refuse to give in to hope.