Sunday, November 16, 2008

The New Old Enterprise


I know there are a couple of pretty core Star Trek fans on here, and I myself enjoy a good episode of TNG every now and then, and I never get tired of Wrath of Kahn. So I ask this: What do you think of this idea of a Star Trek prequel? I'm naturally skeptical, but J.J. Abrams is working on it, and he's also behind my favorite TV show, LOST. So, I have no idea what to think. Just by looking at the ship, you can tell that they're not going to worry too much about affecting preexisting Star Trek continuity, but do we care? If it's a good movie, I don't think I will care. I guess it's basically done at this point, but no one has really seen it yet. It will be interesting to see how everyone reacts to this thing. I kinda think that with the whole "Star Trek is back!" thing going on, this film will make more money than most of the other ST films. I mean, it's teachnically an odd-numbered ST film, which is generally a bad thing, but with the new young punks in the film, the little ones might actually see it, and you know the aging nerd set will see it, probably more than once.

1 comment:

Huge Larry said...

I saw the latest trailer for this today before Bond, and I must say that it looks interesting.

There's definitely a lot of heat to be had, and I'm hoping that it doesn't disappoint.

Of course, I'm going to see it.

Bond was pretty clean. Good fighting, for sure.