Right now I'm listening to some hot trance and thinking, 'man, I should fire up Nuendo and layown some hot tracks of my own'. But I'm not going to because I don't want to become frustrated...
(1) ...after I get sick of the first interesting riff/hook I make up and deem usable.
(2) ...and overwhelmed by the sheer quantity and complexity of free/warezd VST intruments/fx that I have on tap.
(3) ...when some dam warez craps on my head and crashes something.
(4) ...when I can't figure out how to inject some novelty into the repeating phrases.
(5) ...after I realize I'm just better at guitar/ rock music.
So I'm going to be soft/hard (depending on how you look at it) and just blast my pinky/ring finger chops on guitar instead. Then I'll think about how I should make some guitar based trance. Then I'll dismiss that idea because I can't move my dam Pod XT close enough to my computer to wire it up. Though, even if I could I probably wouldn't, because I really have no significant motivation to produce recorded audio anyway.