Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trackers Block

Right now I'm listening to some hot trance and thinking, 'man, I should fire up Nuendo and layown some hot tracks of my own'. But I'm not going to because I don't want to become frustrated...

(1) ...after I get sick of the first interesting riff/hook I make up and deem usable.

(2) ...and overwhelmed by the sheer quantity and complexity of free/warezd VST intruments/fx that I have on tap.

(3) ...when some dam warez craps on my head and crashes something.

(4) ...when I can't figure out how to inject some novelty into the repeating phrases.

(5) ...after I realize I'm just better at guitar/ rock music.


So I'm going to be soft/hard (depending on how you look at it) and just blast my pinky/ring finger chops on guitar instead. Then I'll think about how I should make some guitar based trance. Then I'll dismiss that idea because I can't move my dam Pod XT close enough to my computer to wire it up. Though, even if I could I probably wouldn't, because I really have no significant motivation to produce recorded audio anyway.

3 comments:

marchhare14 said...

I just spent the better part of the last 5 hours reading "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins. It kept reminding me of you. I think you spent your time more wisely than I did, assuming you worked on your guitar chops.

cyrusfx said...

good to know you haven't died.

dude, its all about actualization of ideas.

abandon the quest for perfection, its all about getting it out there and making people deal with it.

if you don't have a product for the history record, how are the folks of this generation and generations to come supposed to acknowledge your mastery of aural technology?

how are they supposed to recognize that you had above-par audio generating skills for your day, fueled by novel and creative methodry?

i know you can do it, you just have to say, "screw what everybody might think, im doing this."

then sit down and do it till its done.

over the years i've heard a few "a-phile geniuses" talk about how much better they are at putting together music than me, but they never have a product to back up the smack, so what's the difference?

you might make it if you try, you definitely won't if you don't.

same thing goes for the live performance, but on that one i need to start heeding my own advice.

Huge Larry said...

Thy audio come.

Thy chops be crisp.

On Earth as they are in heaven.