Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To be done, or not to be done...

Do you guys ever get the feeling that willpower is the only thing stopping you from being near superhuman? I mean, we all know what we need to do in order to be successful, but we'd rather do other things because they're easier and more fulfilling in the short-term. Even if we know they're better for us in the long-term.

For example, I could spend all my after-work time promoting my music and attempting to make more music (I'm about to reformat my box and start from the ground up), but a lotta the time its much sweeter to get some good realm enders in on unsuspecting folk in GTAIV Free Mode.

I could spend an hour running and exercising after work every day, eat lots of organic vegetables & drink soy milk, but uh, not running & the grease-laden foodstuffs I put into my face make me feel good now.

So, how do you harness the willpower to follow to path of righteousness? Is it through salvation by Jesus Christ? Well, you know you guys, I've been doing a lotta reading at the Mega Site of Bible studies recently and I think maybe we've been missing out on some hot, religious tang...

Well, that about wraps er all up. Does her in.

3 comments:

Huge Larry said...

Funny that you bring this up, because I've been doing a lot of thinking lately regarding how lazy my brain has become.

Like you, I wish that I could spend more time bettering myself and less time drinking, playing video games, and eating filth.

The big problem is that a full-time job will inevitably rape your skull. It's a basic requirement to get recreation in some form, otherwise you'll be more unhappy than you are now.

Therefore, we're giving up some productivity and possible self-betterment opportunities, but we're gaining some much-needed piece of mind in a world that can often seem pointless, boring, and tedious.

marchhare14 said...

I'm closer to sub-human.

Mondu said...

New life will soon reconnect you with your lost humanity, josh. Also, lets all be glad were not famished laborers with downs syndrome in some 3rd world country.