Monday, May 18, 2009

How did I end up on Star Tours?

So I was watching the new Star Trek movie tonight when I found myself confronted with a strange dilemma, namely trying to figure out how it was I ended up on Star Tours.  Was it some sort of spontaneous teleportation, or perhaps an acid flashback?  I  mean seriously, why the fuck was my seat bouncing like a super ball?  Then it dawned on me that the whole theater was rocking with me, at which point the picture cut out and I realized 'Fuck, this is an earthquake and it just ruined the movie.'  Seriously, I was only like 1/2 hour into it.  That wasn't cool.  Now I have to go again some other night.  

                                                                                                         

5 comments:

Mondu said...

This reminds me of the time when the power went out at the Arlington when Josh and I were midway through 'return of the king'. I felt bad for Josh. I'd already seen it though.

marchhare14 said...

I totally remember that - but it was "The Two Tower" and the projector broke right as the big battle of helms deep was about to start. Terrible timing. Kevin, you were telling me how huge the fighting was about to get and then the movie just stopped. Damn.

MatthewQ said...

When I saw Sleepy Hollow the film broke and burned up in the middle of the film. You could literally see it melting on the screen. It interrupted the movie for like 15 minutes while they fixed it.

Huge Larry said...

I had a similar meltdown experience when seeing Moral Kombat for the first time at the Arlington.

It hurt me.

Mondu said...

We all know more about each other now. You have a good memory josh.