Friday, November 12, 2010

No, it can't be... I just sent you back to the future!


I know, I know you did send me back to the future Doc, but I'm back, I'm back from the future.

Yes, in a few short hours it will be the 55th anniversary of the lightning strike at the clock tower which allowed Marty to return to good old 1985. Today is also the 55th anniversary of Marty's reappearance in 1955, where he reacquired the sports almanac (from 2015) that old Biff stole and gave to his younger self on, you guessed it, Nov 12 1955. It's almost as if that date in time is some sort of temporal junction point for the entire space-time continuum. On the other hand, it could just be an amazing coincidence. Nov 12, 1955 is also when Doc Brown inadvertently got sent back to 1885, as a shocked Marty watched in horror. At least he recovered the almanac, though, and prevented the time line from skewing into that horrible tangent. No, it's Hill Valley alright, although I can't imagine Hell being much worse. This was also the night of the famous 'Enchantment Under the Sea' dance, where Marty tore it up and invented Rock n Roll while also saving himself from oblivion. Wow, what a night.

3 comments:

marchhare14 said...

Are you telling me that you built a time machine...out of a DeLorean?

cyrusfx said...

I wonder if the Libyans ever got their plutonium.

Huge Larry said...

AFAIK, they only received a bomb casing full of used pinball machine parts.