Saturday, September 24, 2011

Holy FUCK! How the shit did this happen?

Where were you guys 20 years ago today? Yeah, that's right, I don't know either. Probably I was hanging out with Cameron doing whatever it was we did back then. What was it we did back then, I don't even remember. Anyway, the relevant point is that Nevermind is 20 years old today!Seriously, how the fuck did that happen? I guess it's true, we're old, and presumably increasingly less cool because of it. For those of you keeping score at home, Gish was released 20 years ago in May, and at one point was supposedly the highest selling indie album of all time. I guess 1991 was an awesome year.

3 comments:

Huge Larry said...

I believe that I was just starting 7th grade at GVJHS, and I do remember Nirvana being the hot ticket around that time. I was probably spending most of my time talking to Kevin about the latest advances in PC gaming, most notably the raw power of an 80386 CPU running at a blistering 40 Mhz, and how one might squeeze the most possible base memory out of such a box by attaing mastery of the both autoexec.bat and config.sys. One must always remember the power of EMM386 and LOADHIGH.

Mondu said...

'Making Warez Work' the early years starring Scott Erickson and Co. My CPU chops are so so soft now.

cyrusfx said...

My development in all things was a little bit delayed, but I do remember being in Seattle a bit after Kurt died, in time to buy a release of "Unplugged" there, my first and only Nirvana album.

I of course also remember the video for Nevermind, but I thought Weird Al's parody video was better, because I didn't care about being cool until I went to college.