Monday, October 31, 2011

25 podcasts


That's the maximum amount of different sources of downloadable audio my brain can handle. Plus they form two neat rows in my iTunes that way. Some shuffle out and in with favoritude, about a dozen are chartered members, including the 5 or 6 remaining founders.

I don't know if you guys do the whole podcast thing, but a lot of funny people have started their own podcasts in the last couple of years, which can be a great distraction from the torrential, unceasing downpour of your own brain.

Some of my new iTunes faves include:

Jay Mohr - Mohr Stories (comedian & actor interviews)
Paul Scheer - How Did This Get Made (rips on bad movies, new and old)
Kevin Smith & Jon Lovitz - The ABCs of SNL (they only have 2 episodes so far)
The Todd Glass Show (irreverent, avant-garde humor)
Nick Di Paolo and Artie Lange - The Nick & Arty Show (sports show)

Coincidentally, there are 25 posts to go before we tie last year's number of posts at 158. That's a little less than 1 every other day, so we gotta step it up, or else there will be a statistical downtrend in place, and we can't have that.

I have a lot of free time.

4 comments:

Huge Larry said...

I like to spend my minimal amount of free time sucking down beers and watching TV like a real American filth ball.

cyrusfx said...

TV is too passive an entertainment experience for me. I don't like relinquishing control of my brain to advertisers.

Having said that, TV is in something of a golden age right now, and I download about 8 different shows regularly via torrents. The new Beavis and Butthead was terrific.

Huge Larry said...

I never watch commercials. That's the only good thing about my TV watching. DVR is the cleanliness.

cyrusfx said...

its good to use technology to break up the filth and get to the chewy center of entertainment goodness.