Thursday, March 08, 2012

What do you guys think?



This is the only stock I've been invested in, in the past 6 months or so, I don't think it will go below .50 a share. The thing about Mad Catz is that they were known for making cheap ass controllers for almost a decade, and now they are in the middle of rebranding themselves as a high-end gaming paraphernalia company. I fear in the future that more market share will be lost to handheld gaming devices, but the hardcore Xbox / PS fans might be into something like this. I don't know if their controllers are actually any good b/c I've never used them.

Mad Catz was also supposed to release the first multiplayer aerial combat simulation game this year but I don't know what happened to that.. Until then, there's always helicopter dueling in GTAIV... where the multiplayer-verse has been abuzz recently b/c GTAV is coming out in a few months... a reason to keep living so strong that it could even cure Leukemia if applied properly.

1 comment:

Mondu said...

Well you know I'm a fan of modularity in all its forms so it gets high marks there. It's also nice to see solid build quality on a consumer device. Seems like a good design overall.

The question is whether gamers will go for it. Ninety nine bucks is kind steep for the average gamer, so that narrows its appeal considerably. I'm not sure how crowded the market is at this price point. Also, marketing is everything here, and I don't know how 'cool' this tech is perceived to be.

Also, teh econoemey sukcs.