Sunday, June 10, 2012

@slor.tor


 So, last night I finally got to play at Lotus in Chinatown, to between 8-20 people as it was kinda rainy out, and had a nice, in-depth conversation with Paul about audio fidelity and club speaker power requirements.. And now, I'm feeling officially done. Like I need to come up with some new goals besides the obvious ones. I packed away the mixer and am ready to bust out the MIDI controller again, but will probably take a small break from music. As I was typing that sentence I realized, nah I won't. My life is pretty empty right now and even though Civ IV Colonization is pretty tight, I still have several hours to fill during the weekends.

Also, The Machinist with Christian Bale is a pretty strange flick that came out in 2004 (years 2003-04 are pretty much lost history for me). He plays a guy who doesn't like to eat, has trouble sleeping and is slightly psychotic, yet somehow its not because of drugs.. I recommend it if you haven't yet seen it.


7 comments:

Huge Larry said...

I was impressed that Bale lost so much poundage for that movie. I think he got hooked up with a tape worm and some uppers.

cyrusfx said...

Then the tapeworm consumed the uppers through Christian's blood and became hypermetabolic, doing its job even faster.

We once made a video about roundworms. Or was it just a sketch? I vaguely remember...

Huge Larry said...

I'm think it was flatworms, of the phylum Platyhelminthes. It was a short film in which giant flatworms laid waste to a city. I think you played a scientist who got pwned by his experimental worms.

cyrusfx said...

Thats right. Did you manage to just happen to spell that correctly, too? That's pretty amazing.

Huge Larry said...

No. I remembered how it was pronounced, but I had copy/paste the spelling from Wikipedia.

cyrusfx said...

Today my boss was impressed cuz I happened to convey an important piece of info he was trying to obtain from another person in a more speedily manner. Then this person asked me if I had a photographic memory and I said no, I just read it off of where I had written it before.

But now I'm thinking I shoulda just said, "Yes." I wonder if dudes with photographic memories get more tang.

Huge Larry said...

I think it would be nearly impossible to maintain that lie. People would be too tempted to test you.