Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Ever have one of those days...


... where you just be hatin on the world? I can stop it but its a matter of pride and ego I suppose. And that kind of bullshit. Basically I bought a stolen cell phone on Ebay (it was advertised as being non-stolen [clean ESN]), and I didn't want to ship it back to the seller, so I turned it into Sprint thinking they'd give it to the guy who it was stolen from, but two weeks later the ESN is still reported as stolen, and I'm still out the money for the phone.

I have no legal recourse with the seller unless I filed a police report and they in turn filed a form with Ebay. Yeah right, why not just turn it in to Sprint, make Ebay get my money back from the seller and ban his ass so he doesn't do this to more people? Well the law doesn't work anywhere near like that. I guess I'm just a sucker. Soon enough I'll forget about it, I reckon. Look, here's a picture of a sunset.


2 comments:

Huge Larry said...

Forgetting the fact that some folks are worse than others, there are just too many folks in the world, in general.

We need to somehow stem the tide of unchecked human breeding, without it being perceived as a violation of freedom, but I don't think that's possible.

cyrusfx said...

When I hear stuff like the world's richest 80 people have 1/4 of the world's wealth, I think the system is fucked up, and it definitely is, but on the other hand you can't just put that money to work feeding and clothing all the world's poor and starving people because they become dependent on charity and that's not really sustainable.

As I finished writing that sentence I thought that could actually work, if the money kept flowing in uninterrupted, but that behavior goes against natural selection and besides rich people didn't get that way from being generous.

Shits fucked. We have it better than we'll ever really know.