Saturday, December 27, 2014

Solid, Coherent... (extremely mild spoilers)



Why did I love this movie so?

1)  Excellent balance of mathiness with interpersonal conflict.  Interesting attempts at solving the identity problem.

2)  Very well acted.  Most dialogue was improvised around a basic script outline.  

3)  The weakness of the 'comet' premise is totally overcome by the awesomeness of the way the characters deal with their predicament.

4)  Great ending; dark, endearing, humorous at the same time.


2 comments:

Huge Larry said...

Just added it to my NetDix queue. I recommend "Snowpiercer", but I think I already mentioned that below somewhere.

Taint Montgomery said...

I would put it in my top 5 for the year. The yuppie folk are slightly annoying at first, but the insanity quickly ramps up and pays off handsomely.