Thursday, September 03, 2015
Chappie vs. Ex Machina
I watched both of these films across 2 days, as I've been sick and without much to do. Here is my report.
- would win in a fight
- guns, explosions and cussing
- was slightly humorous
- requires huge leaps in logic to enjoy
- yet had an original, compelling twist in the end
- hot cyberslutes galore
- more like a horror film, though a bit slow moving in parts
- the main character wrestles with his attraction to the cyborg, as did I
- all-around more twisty and intelligent than Chappie
- now I can't trust future AI bots at all
- they could just combine these movies together into Chappie Ex Machina.
- I would go around uploading consciousness.dat to everything that recognized the computer language it was written in, which is probably DOS if I'm not mistaken. You could upload it to robotic assembly lines, bitcoin wallets, nuclear missile launch mainframes. I would immediately upload it to chatbots and as many places as possible on the internet to try to rush the beginnings of SkyNet.
- I'm still not down with the idea that a copy of myself is the same thing as myself.
- don't give your cyberslutes access to sharp objects.